AMYA Hints PageThese are hints, tips and tricks, in no particular order, that Members of AMYA have submitted. If you have others worthy of listing, email the Web Master
- SAFETY FIRST - for your antenna tip, some type of safety ball is required practice golf balls, or antenna balls are good choices.
- Templates and instructions for applying numbers to your sails
- Battery Packs - Do It Yourself
- US 1M construction tips file
- The CR-914 NEWS, information specific to CR-914's and many GREAT General interest Hints and Tips. The BEST article on Radio problems in CR 914 News issue #34.
- How to make your radio "throttle" stick not self center (or stay where you put it!)
- The Other Best tip site I've ever found, Lester Gilbert's
Lester is a professor I think and his technical articles are Excellent!
- Shady Idea by David Goebel - Need some cool shade at your wide open sailing site, here's my solution.
- Setting marks - different ways to set racing buoys for R/C Yachting
- Make your own buoys (or marks) for R/C Model Yacht Racing
- Inexpensive Boat Stand by Tony Pardinas, can't get much easier than this.
- Race Handicapping systems - this allows boats and skippers of different capabilities to sail together with a fair system
- Paul Kylander's Sailing Manual
- Single Arm or Double Arm Sail Arm setup
- Sail Arm Gauge - No More Mystery to figure out the right sail arm for your boat.
- How to measure a Sail arm length required for your boat.
- Make your own club squadron burgee by Steve Thompson
- How to stop servo jitters! Available as Adobe Acrobat file!
- Traveling with your RC Sailboat (from the Victoria Discussion forum)
- Kelley Van Beek
Race Scoring Excel Spreadsheet
(Submitted by Rob Davis, IOM Class Secretary)
- Completely Free Sailing Scoring (Race Scoring) system Check
it out at SailWave